Monday, January 11, 2010

First day of school!

I almost forgot there was a reason that I am here....SCHOOL!

Today we had our first day of class. It was not nearly as overwhelming as i thought it might be due to the fact that I am talking all of my classes in spanish. I am taking the following classes here:

Grammer
Spain and Islam
Intro to Spanish Literature
Spanish Art & Culture

This morning my first class was Spanish Art & Culture. We all arrived to class on time and were waiting for the arrival of our professor. Unfortunately, this never happened! I mean I had heard that Spaniards were more relaxed but I thought for sure he would make it to the first day of class! Well I will give him a pass this time because apparently he is sick.

In between this class and my next i have an hour and a half break. My roommate and I decided to head to the supermarket to get some much needed essentials: shampoo, body wash, and peanut butter! I was so excited that they had Dove products! My friends know how particular i can be...i was a little nervous to purchase an unfamiliar brand.

After this little trip we returned for our next class, Grammer. Our Professor is Angeles in Grammer and she is a trip. She has a great sense of humor and definitely relates to the fact that we are not perfect in our spanish skills and accents!

After class, my roommate and I returned home for siesta and lunch. Again later this afternoon we walked back to campus for our final class of the day, around 5pm. This class is our literature class. We have a sweet elderly woman as our profesor and I have not idea how to spell or pronounce her name.

By this time I am hungry for dinner! It is always a surprise to wait and see what will be sitting on the table when it's dinner time. So far it has been a safe bet. I have previously told my Senora that I do not like fish. She said "oh by the end of this trip you will like fish, we have different fish here and i won't serve it with eyes."---so comforting.

I am off to dinner for now!
Later this evening we are meeting up with some friends for churros con chocolate yummmm.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store

No comments:

Post a Comment