Saturday, January 9, 2010

Me Encanta Sevilla!

"I love Sevilla!"

Wow! This city is absolutely beautiful!! I can't believe I will be here for four months :)

Due to the fact that my luggage has still not arrived...thank you American Airlines...I "had" (for the first time in my life!) to go shopping!

My roommate Caroline and I woke up around 9:00am this morning and had a little breakfast. I think our Senora only woke up because we were awake. She seemed very sleepy sitting on the couch ready to tell us where the breakfast items could be found. After a quick breakfast, we set out to the streets to find out way to el Centro Ciudad (city center) where would find the shopping we were looking for as well as some great sightseeing.

About a twenty five minute walk from our place, the first stop was the phone store. Here, the helpful saleswoman knew no english what so ever! This was great because it put us on a more equal playing field with our broken spanish. We managed to get by and purchased phones and plans....ah to feel connected again! these phones allow for us to communicate with our senora as well as the other students in our group.

Moving on to bigger and better things, we hit all the great stores-Mango, Zara, H&M, etc! ah i could do this more often! We learned that right now (Jan. 2-Feb 28) is what they call "Rebajas" aka Sale Season. This is a great time to shop for a great deal but also probably the busiest time of the year in stores. The lines were all over the place but didnt take to long to wait it.

After a good little shopping trip we decided to venture back in the home direction. On our way back we avoided using our directions and kind of took random streets in our general direction. This allowed for us to explore a little bit of the inner city. It is absolutely beautiful. Orange trees and palm trees line almost every street..cobble stone and paved! There are horse and buggies all over the place and wonderful spanish architecture. One great thing that you don't always find in large cities that I have noticed is it is very clean. I tried my best to avoid taking pictures for now so that i have the opportunity to take it all. (and my camera cord is in my luggage so i cannot post them anyways!)

After a stop into a spanish cafe for lunch, Caroline and I were on our way home. Stores were closing up around this time in the afternoon for siesta. Ah i could get used to this lifestyle!

We settled for a little nap and dinner will be served at 10:00 pm tonight!!

I can't wait to explore this city more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah - I love reading your blog. It brings back great memories of our trip to Sevilla and Em's semester there. I hope your luggage arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete