Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Sevilla, Sevilla, Sevilla!"

I am officially Obsessed with the City!

The above, "Sevilla, Sevilla, Sevilla" is part of the song/chant that they sing at the beginning of the "futbol" / soccer game. Some friends and I had the opportunity to go to the Sevilla FC v. FC Barcelona FC game last night. The Sevilla stadium is in walking distance about a mile down my street. This was an INCREDIBLE, to say the least, game to go to.

We all met at a shopping plaza near the stadium to eat dinner. The game did not start until 10pm so we figured we would have plenty of time to grab some food before. Well we got there around 7:30pm and it was packed! People were piling into the bars and restuarants already singing the chants of their teams and clapping. It was awesome. We got some food and joined in on the fun. Around 9 we headed towards the stadium. Yes we had tickets with assigned numbers but the locals just kind of sit anywhere. When we entered the stadium the atmosphere was Brilliant. We entered right behind the goal on the main level. I am not going to lie, there are definitely some perks to being a blonde headed girl in Spain.....Right when we walked in we had plenty of boys offering us seats in the main level. (our tickets were for the upper level) Typically I would just ignore this and head to my correct seat. In this situation, Heck No! The four of us girls, who ended up still being together after most of our group separated, definitely took some people up on this offer. We paid for upper level seats and ended up sitting 13 rows up behind the goal, right in the middle of all the action!

The game was awesome, I watched Thierry Henry in action only a short distance away. We sang songs the ENTIRE game. I do love my wolfpack games but this was an entire step up. People were going crazy. I can't even begin to describe the experience. (Pictures coming soon!) I can't wait for the next game.

School has been good but it is definitely hard to concentrate when there are so many things to go and places to see. The classes are getting a bit easier everyday. I feel as though i don't have to translate everything in my head but now i am beginning to understand what they are saying in spanish. Wohoo! Caroline and I went to the "cafeteria" the other day to grab a snack and a coffee and were surprised to see that they were selling beer and wine at the school cafeteria. Ay Spain!

Today is a beautiful day, its about 62ish degrees and sunshine! we are about to head out and explore the town and head to a landmark for class.

I will post pictures and more later!

adios!


Watch this video!>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ796uXclr0

No comments:

Post a Comment